Defence & Aviation
David has written extensively about the need for reform in the relationship between the Executive of Government, Governments and industry in respect to both aviation and Defence.
A section of opinion Pieces, Guest Editorials, speeches and media outlining his views on defence and aviation are listed below.
The most comprehensive remarks regarding defence are contained in the "Additional Comments" to the 2012 Senate Report.
- Long-term benefits from submarine development
- Losing Australia's Sovereignty
- Redefining the Defence and Industry relationship
- Five-Year Bi-Partisan Defence Agreement (Danish model)
- Need for a Defence board
- Sold the Dummy on the Defence Budget
- Aligning strategy and capability
- Blaming Defence - Again!
- Defence Procurement Inquiry
- Defence Procurement Report
- Final Defence Report
- National Security Strategy
- Defence Inquiry Cont
- Defence Trade Control Bill
- Defence Trade Control Bill Final Report
- Defence Families Bill
- Defence Budget-Taking Note
- Defence Budget
- Defence Procurement
- Auditor-General’s Report
- Renewing the US Alliance
- Wounded Soldiers Report
- Veterans Entitlements
- Taking Note of Answers - Defence Force
- Maiden Speech